Protecting The Fruits Of Your Labor
Dawes Patent Law Group is a boutique law firm concentrating in patents and intellectual property law. Based in Orange County, we represent businesses and individuals in California, across the United States and around the world.
Our father-and-son attorneys, Daniel and Marcus Dawes, bring over 50 years of focused experience to our tailored services in patent prosecution, filing and enforcing trademarks, and IP portfolio management. We work closely with clients to protect their innovations and capitalize on commercial opportunities. Read more about our skilled and accomplished lawyers by following the links below:
Novel And Useful Legal Support
We like to think we’ve built a better mousetrap when it comes to customized services in patent law and intellectual property:
- Flexibility – As a boutique law firm, we can meet the requirements of each client, from individual inventors and newly formed companies to established research institutions and businesses.
- Access – Our modest size means that clients deal directly with the lawyer who will work on their specific intellectual property issue.
- Knowledge – With our physics background and decades of hands-on patent work, we welcome highly technical projects.
- Opportunity – Our experience and networking across many industries give our clients inroads to both domestic and international markets.
- Value – Our collective experience enables us to achieve optional results at a competitive cost.
Deeply Qualified In Patents And Intellectual Property
Our attorneys have spent their careers helping innovators and entrepreneurs assert their intellectual property rights and profit from their labors.
Daniel Dawes has practiced law since 1974. One of his first roles involved licensing and merchandising of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones movie franchises as IP counsel for Lucasfilm Ltd. Over four decades, he has handled every aspect of patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets in diverse fields, from helicopter design and oil well tooling to nanotechnologies and laser-based medical imaging.
Marcus Dawes followed in Dan’s footsteps, starting as a patent agent for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office before earning his law degree and adding trademarks and intellectual property to his repertoire. His extensive patent experience ranges from biomedical devices and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) to household products. Marcus worked for an IP law firm in Europe before joining forces with Dan in 2008 to create Dawes Patent Law Group. He has maintained close connections with European partners to help American companies leverage their patent rights overseas.
Discover How Our Expertise Can Help
We are always fine-tuning our abilities and services to make our services more efficient and cost-effective for our clients. To learn more about our credentials and services, schedule an appointment. Call 714-804-0779 or contact us online.